Aug 8, 2011 Update: iContact Integration
on August 8th, 2011
Today we’re happy to announce the release of the iContact integration for DPD.
iContact provides a robust array of tools to create, send and track your email marketing campaigns. We’re fans of iContact- from our testing they were easy to use and integrate with DPD. They also have a 30 day free trial.
Integrating DPD with iContact
Integration takes a few steps due to iContact’s security, but its all straightforward. iContact requires that you authorize DPD to add subscribers to your account and create a new username and password to use with the API.
Please do the following to create your password:
- Visit http://app.icontact.com/icp/core/externallogin
- Enter your iContact username and password to log in to iContact.
- Enter the following for the API-AppId:
- Enter a password. Note: For security reasons, we recommend that this password be different than your iContact password.
- Click Save.
- Log in to DPD and visit the integrations page in the left menu
- Click the Add button to activate the iContact integration and enter your username and password created step 4 above.
- Click save
That’s it! Now all sales for the selected store will pass their customer information to your iContact list.
We’ve got a couple more integrations we’re working on as we move down our list of requests. If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to send us a support ticket or comment on this post and we’ll do our best to get you squared away.